Saturday, April 2, 2011

nothing is ever nothing

I can't help but think the two recent shows that we have read were extremely similar. Perphaps echoing eachother if you may. The fairytale that seems to linger its dark head around is Snow White. Just bits and pieces, obviously not the whole story. When Marina is rescued by pirates and then sold to the brothel I immediately thought about being outside of the Molly Brown or the Scoop on a Friday night...

"Dude, I was talking to her first brah!"
-" No man, she was totally into me first"

(Punch punch, kick kick, curse word curse word curse word)

A contemperary brothel is a scary place.

I do have to say, chorus' are my favorite part of most shows. The people who get to see the whole show but aren't really paid much attention to, however, if they weren't there a key part of the show would be missing. I was part of the chorus of Rocky Horror and had more fun than the leading cast.

Left: me and the other phantoms or "chorus" of Rocky Horror










So I was interested in the definition of Marina and I found that Marina's in this day and age are a lot like Marina the character in Pericles. Obviously the element of water is there. Marina's original rescuers were pirates. Also, a Marina keeps things safe, refuels and repairs boats. I can't help but think that Marina is so pure she refuels and repairs people. She got to the Governer and her father. The two gentleman came out as new men after she was done with them... hm.. just some connection that I thought was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment