Thursday, January 20, 2011

Venus & Adonis my book of choice

I've recently finished reading Venus and Adonis. Unfortunately I found Venus to be very desperate throughout the whole thing. It sadly reminded me of my youth, desperately having a crush on a boy in the sixth grade and seeming well, pathetic. Venus even plays dead to get Adonis to feel bad for rejecting her. Completely reminds me of my youth crushes and the feeble attempts I made to get the "man of my dreams" to notice me. Somewhat makes me chuckle now. Guess it goes to show people want what they can't have.


As far as a book I hold dear to my heart, I think it would be One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. Something about turning a morbid depressing psyche ward into a fun environment due to one individual is empowering to me. The other side of the story however is the fact that a human being needs to have so much control over everything around them that they will kill someone else. I just love the book. I'm also more of a movie buff however, so the subject of books is a little unknown to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment