Monday, January 17, 2011

Shakespeare experiences and class notes

My experience with Shakespeare has been purely from the acting spectrum. Being cast as Hermia (as you all know) in the fifth grade. I still remember the show quite vividly. Hermia is the "catch" of the land. Lysander and Demetrius both love her. However, she only loves Demetrius. Helena loves Lysander. There is then a huge debockle in the forest with the fairy king and queen whom are feuding... etc. I am also very familiar with Romeo and Juliet. But then again, who isn't? I was also cast in Macbeth as a senior in High School. I played Malcolm. I have been taught things about William Shakespeares life throughout High School. Also studying a number of his sonnets. That is it however, so I am excited to mesh mythology with Shakespeare. Here we go.


Class notes 1/13/11
Read Venus & Adonis as well as The Rape of Lucrece
print out the School of Night

*renaissance man- a man who can do everything

You will be assigned a group to become members of the night which will entail creating another version of the School of Night.

1st blog: what do I know about Shakespeare?

No comments:

Post a Comment