Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thanks everyone

Again, there are so many great minds in this class. The only thing I ask is, respect eachother... not one of us has the answers to everything... just our observations and thoughts. Thats exactly what Shakespeare would have wanted, or at least I think. We are simply the worlds players. It still astounds me how vibrant Shakespeare is still around us. I read Amanda's most recent blog and watching The Kings Speech I literally cried with all the Shakespeare references.

 Also, I caught a bunch of quotes after recently watching Interview with the Vampire.  "Good night sweet prince..." being one of them Amanda.

Othello is also quoted "Put out the light, then put out the light." before Lestat has taken a girls life. Doing some research on the quote brought me to a lot of interesting observations. Othello says this to himself whilst Desdemona is sleeping. I believe he is saying, he's going to put out the candle and then put out her light. Its interesting because in Interview with the Vampire Lestat puts out the candle and then brings the girl to near death and gives Louis the choice to make her one of them. I see this as a metaphor for "putting out the light" by having light stolen from you. Desdemona is said to have very light sking. Almost like a Vampire. Perphaps thats what the writers were going for by putting that quote in there.

Thanks Amanda for getting my brain rolling. Thats what I like out of many of my fellow classmates, fueling interesting thoughts in my imagination as opposed to judgements and presumptions. I appreciate that, thank you.

Thanks everyone... great semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment